All students have the right to:
- Be treated fairly and with respect by all students and staff.
- Learn in a supportive environment which is free from harassment, discrimination and victimisation.
- Learn in a healthy and safe environment where the risks to personal health and safety are minimised.
- Access the information TRY Learning holds about them.
- Have their complaints and appeals dealt with fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution.
- Make appeals about procedural and assessment decisions.
- Receive training, assessment and support services that meet their individual needs.
- Be given clear and accurate information about their course, training and assessment arrangements and their progress.
- Access the support they need to effectively participate in their training program.
- Provide feedback to TRY Learning on the client services, training, assessment and support services they receive.
All students, throughout their training and involvement with, TRY Learning are expected to:
- Notify us if any of their personal or contact details change.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to TRY Learning in a timely manner.
- Approach their course with due personal commitment and integrity.
- Attend all classes
- Complete all assessment tasks, learning activities and assignments honestly and without plagiarism or infringing on Copyright.
- Hand in all assessment tasks, assignments and other evidence of their work with a completed and signed cover sheet on the dates specified in their Time Table.
- Make regular contact with their Trainer/Assessor.
- Prepare appropriately for all assessment tasks, visits and training sessions.
- Notify TRY Learning if any difficulties arise as part of their involvement in the program.
- Notify TRY Learning if they are unable to attend a training session for any reason at least 12 hours prior to the commencement of the activity.
- Make payments for their training within agreed timeframes, where relevant.
- Treat all people with fairness and respect and not do anything that could offend, embarrass or threaten others.
- Not harass, victimise, discriminate against or disrupt others.
- Treat all others and their property with respect.
- Respect the opinions and backgrounds of others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures as directed by staff.
- Report any perceived safety risks as they become known.
- Not bring into any premises being used for training purposes, any articles or items that may threaten the safety of self or others.
Your enrolment may be cancelled, if you are found to be in breach of student code of conduct.
Harassment, victimisation or bullying
TRY Learning is committed to providing all people with an environment free from all forms of harassment, victimisation and bullying. TRY Learning will not tolerate any behaviour that harms, intimidates, threatens, victimises, offends, degrades or humiliates another person.
Anti-discrimination law defines harassment as any form of behaviour that you do not want, that offends, humiliates or intimidates you and that creates a hostile environment. Examples of harassment are making fun of someone, spreading rumours, offensive jokes, ignoring someone, etc.
Victimisation is where a person is treated unfairly because they have made a discrimination complaint.
Bullying is verbal, physical, social or psychological abuse by a staff member or student. Bullying falls under health and safety legislation.
If you at any time feel that you are being harassed, victimised or bullied by a staff member or student, you should follow these steps.
If you feel that you are being harassed, victimised or bullied, ideally you should tell the person that you don’t like the behaviour and ask them to stop. However, if you are not comfortable doing this, you should lodge a complaint as per TRY Learning Complaints and Appeals procedure and detailed in this Handbook.
The principles and practices adopted by TRY Learning aim to ensure, that current and prospective students, clients and other stakeholders are treated fairly and equitably in their dealings with TRY Learning.
All people will be treated courteously and expeditiously throughout the process of enquiry, selection and enrolment and throughout their participation in a course.
TRY Learning provides equity in access to the level of training and support required by each student. All students are supported in a manner that enables them to achieve their full potential and success in their training outcomes. All students are provided with opportunities to develop and successfully gain skills, knowledge and experience through education and training.